Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wondrous Words Wednesday

I am participating in Wondrous Words Wednesday over at BermudaOnion.net. Every week we get together and present the 'new to us' words we have come across in our reading!

I am reading a compendium of five P.G. Wodehouse novels (The 'Jeeves" books) in one giant book that I got from the library. This week's offerings are from this book.



Gyves - shackles (Our protagonist, Bertie, had a bit of trouble with the law.)

Coronet - This is actually a crown worn by a peer of the realm, but in more modern times it became a word used to describe the peer, himself, and not necessarily the actual crown.





5 comments:

  1. Heard of coronet, didn't know the crown meaning.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/wondrous-words-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it has been so long since I spent time with P.G. Wodehouse. How nice to be reminded of Bertie again. Just a couple of words and you're making me desire a read-again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read any Wodehouse, it always sounds so compelling when anyone mentions it. Interesting words as would be expected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coronet is interesting - for some reason I thought it was a musical instrument. Great words today!

    ReplyDelete